Marine Equipment Supplies is a world class (ISO 9001-2000 & Bureau Veritas Quality International) manufacturer of a vast assortment of marine equipment. From rope and slings to rigging, and anchors, and everything in-between. We manufacture and supply ex-stock the largest range of safety equipment – from life rafts and pyrotechnics to special nets (designed to ensure helicopters land safely on rigs and ships whilst at sea) in the Southern Hemisphere.Their wholesale section and service center covers the full range of products required maintaining and servicing a small craft.
Marine Equipment Supplies is a leading provider of all classes of rigging for the marine, oil and lifting industries. Clients depend on Marine Equipment Supplies proven reliability in harsh environments: from Oil Rigs to offshore diamond mining and deep sea fishing in the Southern Ocean. Our rigging expertise has even been called on to equip classic and restored sailing vessels.
From sweeper to Sales Director, from secretary to Sales: Large Accounts, from Storeman to Branch Manager and from apprentice rigger to CEO, MES does far more than just pay lip-service to people development.– skills transfer covers every aspect of the business from training in sheet metal work to the manufacture of ISO 9001-2000 certified safety equipment, Marine Equipment Supplies continues to empower it’s workforce.
On-time delivery and the manufacture of special equipment is critical to our clients business.
Working hand in hand with our customers we develop innovative solutions to their project requirements. – no matter how big or small.
A single call is all it takes to enjoy the backing of the massive MES resource behind your next project.
Safety requires rigorous testing. MES is trusted by clients to handle vertical and horizontal tests. Our expertise includes x-ray, NDT and stress tests of all products on site, off-shore or at our premises.– all handled by highly trained personnel to exacting international standards. All at Marine Equipment Supplies. All with a single phone call.
Marine Equipment Supplies was formed some twenty years ago and has grown to be a major role player in the marine and lifting industries, servicing general shipping, fishing, oil rigs, offshore diamond mining as well as the commercial lifting industry.
Its workshop has been providing a swaging ( up to 44mm talurirt splices) and a socketing service, as well as the manufacture of nets – cargo, gangway and helicopter nets. In addition it manufactures pilot and embarkation ladders as well as a host of other products.
Full maintenance and inspection services is offered, with vertical and horizontal test facilities, from 1 ton to 25 tons.
Marine Equipment Supplies has upgraded its ISO-9001-2000 to an internationally recognised body, namely, Bureau Vertitas Quality International, accredited by UKAS.
The company offers the following products and services :
- “GREEN PIN” shackles from a 6mm shackle to a 200 ton shackle as well as “GREEN PIN” spelter sockets from 28mm to 78mm diameter all supplied with mill certificates.
- “MAX ALLOY” lifting accessories from Mckinnon Chain, all chain slings with DNV type approval and certificates if so required and are SABS approved for lifting as a standard certificate.
- “TALURIT” splicing in the supply and manufacture of wire rope slings up to 44mm diameter and larger at short notice.All slings can be colour coded as per the mines act regulations.
- “MES” webbing sling – Flat, all webbing used is colour coded and have eye protectors and are manufactured to BS EN 1492-1: 2000.Endless polyester round slings 1 ton to 50 ton with a maximum of 10 metre pull to pull, are manufactured in accordance with BS EN 1492-2: 2000.
- “GARWARE WALL” polypropylene ropes from 6mm to 32mm diamenter in 3 strand, for general use and 40mm to 96mm 8 strand mooring lines. We can offer MAXIMA and MAXIFLEX braids for high strength work.“MARLOW ROPES” we are agents for DYNEEMA, DELTAFLEX and ultralines speciality high strength ropes and single point mooring systems.
- “PAINS & WESSEX” ships distress signals.
- We are agents for studlink chain and accessories and “LEFORGE” mooring hardware.
- “MARINER” we are agents for mariner outboard motors and spares and “STINGRAY” rubber ducks and work boats.
- We supply and service SHIPSBRAND, YALE,VITAL and other brands of chain hoists , lever hoists and crawls , plain and geared, beam clamps,and plate grabs.In addition we offer a full hire service for chain hoists from 0.5 ton to 20 tons with any length lift.
- “MES FENDER” the company manufactures polyurethane foam filled fenders in all sizes with nets to suit customer requirements.We have the agency for “DOLPHIN” pneumatic fenders, which may be supplied complete with nets and tyre nets to suit customer requirements.A full range of products may be seen on the company’s web-site at www.mes.cc as well as an on line ordering/enquiry service.
- Scorecard BEE – as per page on website